Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Analyst – Natural Gas Group
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—We solves tomorrow’s complex issues today!
We are looking for a motivated Analyst to join our Advisory Services Natural Gas, Oil, and NGLs team. This team’s core mission involves the delivery of strategic and tactical insights to help our clients solve the world’s most pressing energy issues. As a team member you will have the opportunity to work with a leading private and public sector clients across North America and support ICF’s quarterly Natural Gas Market Outlook subscription service. The team’s consulting engagements cover a broad spectrum of the energy sector, including utility planning; oil, natural gas, and NGL market fundamental analysis; infrastructure studies; and financial analysis to provide advice on energy market trends, regulatory issues, and investments throughout North America.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Providing basic research and analysis on Natural Gas markets.
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of ICF’s globally recognized North American Natural Gas Markets Model through basic research and interpretation of model outputs.
- Perform extensive quantitative analysis to support key strategic messaging on consulting assignments.
- Contribute to the client deliverables, including industry research, analysis, modelling, report writing, and presentations.
- Utilize independent thinking and problem solving to assist ICF’s client base in answering the most interesting and complicated energy market issues facing the industry.
- Master’s Degree in engineering or economics.
- 0 to 2 years’ prior experience in the energy, power utility, regulatory sector or related consulting work.
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including ability to conceive and develop analytical models using statistical methods/approaches
- Experience developing data pipelines, transforming data, structuring data, extracting data from various databases, and developing algorithms with tools and languages like Python or R
- Proficiency & Experience with Microsoft Excel, SQL, VBA, Python & R
- Attention to detail, with well-developed problem-solving skills, thorough understanding of economic principles, and an ability to apply these principles to analysing and solving key client issues.
- Excellent oral communication, writing skills, and an ability and desire to prepare 'client ready' presentations.
- Strong outreach, organizational and self-motivation skills
- Strong proficiency with excel spreadsheets, word processing software programs, and the Internet, plus a strong interest in applied economic research are essential
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Fundamental understanding of the power ,oil, gas, and utilities business including resource development, midstream infrastructure, demand, and regulatory issues
- Demonstrated experience with market assessments, forecasting, quantitative analysis and asset valuation, risk assessment and hedging strategy, and quantitative methods.
- Presentation skills, including experience with presenting key concepts to clients (both internal and external).
- Advanced data management skills and or proficiency in macros, automation queries, or other programming experience is a plus.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
New Delhi, India (II77)