Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Location: Remote (US)
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for coordinating, advising, and developing learning experiences utilizing technical modalities. The position will act as a member of the team to recommend technological solutions to building awareness, knowledge, and skill. The successful candidate will work closely with the Universal and Constituency Services teams as well as the Marketing and Outreach team.
- Work with clients and subject matter experts to perform needs assessments to identify critical knowledge, skills, and behaviors; produce gap analyses; and recommend appropriate learning strategies and solutions to achieve desired outcomes
- Develop learning solutions in multiple formats, including e-learning, interactive classroom-based instruction, job aids, pre- and post-assessments, and other performance support tools
- Critically review developed products (e.g., design documents, instructor / participant guides, and other instructional and performance support materials) produced by junior instructional designers for technical accuracy and instructional soundness and provide feedback
- Assess and review newly developed training course materials and training curriculum for compliance with clients' guidelines and accepted Instructional Systems Design methods and adult learning theory
- Develop and maintain collaborative workspaces and strategic plans for peer-based groups
- Develop and maintain style guide and other instructional design guidance documents
- Create storyboards, scripts, simulations, and other online training tools.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of rapid eLearning development tools and other learning technologies, and virtual engagement strategies.
- Assist TTA providers in the planning and development of webinars, including providing guidance on virtual facilitation strategies.
- Develop online training using e-authoring software.
- Work collaboratively with Center for States Providers, Capacity Building Collaborative team and other ICF staff to complete deliverables.
- Organize and facilitate team sessions, milestone meetings for training development (progress reviews, technical walkthroughs, pilots, etc.), and educational events for national and international groups
- Collaborate with a team of graphic artists, programmers, and narrators in the production of online products
- Review programmed courseware for technical accuracy, functionality, Section 508 compliance, and SCORM conformance
- Conduct evaluations of participants, learning, and program success
- MS/MA in Instructional Design, Education, or related field: a Bachelor’s in the same field can be substituted for the MS/MA if accompanied by 8+ years of Professional Instructional Design work
- 4+ years of experience developing and mentoring junior staff in the development of instructor-led training, online training, job aids, and performance support tools
- 4 years of experience working with subject matter experts and clients
- 2 years of experience conducting detailed training and/or job/task analyses
- 2 years of experience designing products that are Section 508 compliant
- 2 years of experience on a team of instructional designers, graphic artists, and programmers in a client-focused consulting environment
- Demonstrated quality product development
- Experience in developing training for federal agencies (including but not limited to Child Welfare)
- Experience conducting detailed training and/or job/task analyses
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint and/or Microsoft Teams
- Experience working with virtual learning environments and facilitating live virtual events
- Experience delivering or facilitating in-person training
- Experience with instructional games
- Experience developing both soft-skills and technical training
- Experience designing instructor-led, online courses, mobile learning, and/or blended solutions
- Experience designing products that are Section 508 compliant.
- Experience designing and developing SCORM -conformant content
- Experience and working knowledge of at least one rapid development tool (e.g., Presenter, Captivate, Articulate)
- Experience producing, adhering to, and tracking task-level budgets and schedules
- Experience interacting with and advising clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating the initiative to complete projects with minimum supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Project) and MS Sharepoint
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)