Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Locations: Remote (US)
ICF International is seeking an Editor/Writer to support the Capacity Building Center for Public Child Welfare Agencies contract with the Children's Bureau by performing many of the editorial and production functions of the Center. He/she provides writing and editorial expertise for print products, including child welfare products for distribution, products associated with special initiatives or annual events, materials requested by the client, and the annual report. The Editor/Writer also supports the editing of other web content. He/she should understand how to manage competing deadlines while dealing with an extensive review process.
- Provides editorial support (copyediting, substantive editing, and proofreading) for publications, the website, client requests, and internal papers and reports, including the annual report;
- Assist with establishing and maintaining editorial standards and the project style guide;
- Research, write, and edit print and web content as needed;
- Provide coaching in editing and writing to other staff, as needed.
- May also contribute editorial expertise to the development of corporate initiatives, proposals, and other documents as needed;
- Learn about child welfare content and the client and stay abreast of the political nuances that affect product content.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, English, Journalism, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of writing and editing experience in a professional publication environment setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential in this fast-paced client-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of style guidelines, especially GPO and APA.
- Familiarity with social science, or a background in research and evaluation helpful, especially in child welfare
- Experience writing/editing for both print and web, and an understanding of the different requirements for each
- Ideal candidate will have some government contracting experience
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Both detail oriented and able to see the big picture
- Able to work on many projects at once
- Able to work independently without a lot of supervision, and be comfortable working as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Good organizational/problem solving skills
- Excellent writing skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)