Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Project Advisor
ICF's Energy and Advisory Services Business is growing and we seek a Senior Project Adviser to join our Distributed Energy Resources (DER) practice. Our growing advisory services work is focused on the integration and valuation of distributed energy resources to achieve our clients’ business, regulatory, and environmental objectives. DER includes renewable and clean distributed generation, distributed storage, demand response, energy efficiency and electric vehicles. Our DER advisory services includes assisting our clients in assessing DER opportunities and impacts through strategic planning, regulatory and market development, grid modernization road mapping, T&D investment planning, operations and customer engagement. As a Senior Project Adviser, you will provide advisory services to utilities, policymakers, technology firms, and research institutions regarding the integration and utilization of DER.
As a Senior Project Adviser, you will be responsible for:
- Leading utility transformation efforts including development of business strategies, technology investment roadmaps and business cases.
- Driving efforts around transmission-distribution coordination with commercial, government and non-profits.
- Managing utility advisory efforts related to advanced technology projects and in areas related to distribution planning and operations, market design, grid modernization, and regulatory policy and strategy, as well as support business development and marketing to grow the business.
- Managing and growing client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability.
- Supporting business development, including leveraging existing relationship to generate leads, prospects, and new business in partnership with our Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Contribute to ICF’s thought leadership and marketing efforts, including participating in conferences and webinars.
- Contribute to business strategy, including working with ICF’s energy businesses to shape new business opportunities and client offerings.
ICF’s energy specialists understand the value of DER: how to optimize various distributed resources to meet grid needs over time, while considering economic, engineering, and environmental factors. We apply grid planning and operational insights to evaluate integrated DER solutions, develop non-wires alternatives, and help clients procure, manage and deploy DER to benefit customers and the grid as utility revenue models evolve.
Our energy experts are adept at optimizing energy management solutions. Our proprietary analytics and the insights gleaned from "future utility" engagements in the United States and Canada help electric and gas companies and regulated utilities understand and plan for the evolving role of DER as part of an overall clean energy strategy aligned to the needs of a 21st century grid.
- Master’s Degree in engineering, business, policy or related field.
- 20+ years of industry related experience.
- 10+ years of experience in distribution system planning, distribution operations, utility investment planning, grid modernization technologies and related project implementation within or for a utility, DER provider or system operator.
- Demonstrated understanding of current energy market issues including: utility ratemaking and regulation, distribution-transmission interface; and DER integration and valuation.
- Experience preparing technical reports and regulatory filings.
- Experience working at or for electric utilities.
- Conference speaking, industry paper writing, and other direct Business Development experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)