Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Associate Director, Client Services
Who we’re looking for:
The Associate Director, Client Services is a primary business lead and the foremost expert on the client and their business. This includes ensuring that we deliver best-in-class planning, thought-leadership, work quality, client service and execution. As an ICF Next Technology + Channel Solutions team lead, this person should maintain strong relationships with everyone from senior to junior teams within their client’s organization. Additionally, Associate Director manage their accounts as individual businesses/profit centers. In this leadership role, the Associate Director is also expected to grow their team and foster a constructive and collaborative work environment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Drive strategic direction of account and annual planning process and steer team to answer client's needs within the framework of a brief
- Understand and commit to the client's business objectives
- Play an active role in business development and the securing of new business
- Bring proactive thinking and act as strategic sounding board to clients
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the client’s business, the consumer, and the marketplace in order to proactively contribute ideas and solutions
- Ensure development of a holistic creative solution when working with other agencies on client projects
- Support Project Managers in issue and risk management
- Navigate negotiations between our business, the client and procurement and know when to leverage senior account leadership
- Keep the account plan "live" and relevant by maintaining a regular cadence to review account plan and updates
- Maintain accurate P&L for client’s account / portfolio of projects
- Clearly and convincingly articulate our team’s recommendations to the client and stay abreast of our service offerings to help clients meet their business objectives
- Negotiate and secure profitable account compensation, including annual retainers
- Supervise, train and mentor junior account employees on both hard and soft skills
- Lead new business efforts and successfully onboard new clients
- Effectively forecast and manage business for growth and profitability
- Organically grow business, including knowing when and how to leverage all of ICF Next offerings
- Resolves problems or issues with clients
- Keeps agency leadership involved and informed as appropriate and knows when to elevate issues for additional support
- Ensure the work meets client objectives and exceeds their expectations
- Strong decision making, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Partners with line of business leads to determine and drive toward a shared direction
- Create and present Quarterly Business Reviews to executive team
- Cultural contributor
- Champion of great work
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proven leader with a minimum of 5 years of account management experience in an agency environment.
- Proven success in new business development
- The ability to drive and grow a single large or multiple smaller accounts while mentoring the team supporting their business
- Must have experience leading a multichannel account and successfully managing a client P&L.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to have difficult conversations with confidence and poise a must.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and passion for the industry, integrity, confidence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Healthcare experience a huge plus!!
- Bachelor degree, preferably in advertising, public relations or communications.
- Ability to travel is required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL11)