Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Associate Developer - Toronto
Join the next gen. We’re a new breed – a consulting agency. We combine the creativity of an agency with the depth and expertise of a consultancy. Our team is a mix of mission-driven strategists, marketers, technologists and data scientists, harnessing the insights, creativity and technology that moves people. This is what we call…Accelerated Change, Beautifully Delivered. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
We’re currently hiring for Associate Developers to join our Toronto team in Summer 2020.
As an Associate Developer, you will:
- Develop and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Perform all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing and client interaction
- Write tests in an existing Java-based test suite that confirms successful implementation of code
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and create solutions as required
- Assist in creation of technical documentation as part of client deliverables
- Collaborate and work in an agile team environment
As an Associate Developer, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or equivalent
- An ability to define and present conceptual technology solutions to both technical and non-technical clients while articulating the value of technology to drive creative marketing platforms
- The ability to translate client goals into achievable technical specifications
- Experience with hands-on development, including an understanding of applications architecture such as:
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
- ORM libraries
- Database diagramming
- Systems diagramming
- Experience with technology skills including:
- Java, J2EE, C#, .NET or equivalent
- One SQL database technology (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle or equivalent)
- Experience with source control: Git and/or SVN
- Ability to integrate RESTful web services
- Experience with multiple software development lifecycles such as Agile and Waterfall
- GitHub page or code sample preferred
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)