Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Data Engineer in our Minneapolis office.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Deliver data solutions and services that support our internal, proprietary loyalty and campaign platform (CRM), marketing databases, data migrations and reporting/analytics projects for multiple internal (product) and external clients
- Provide end-to-end reporting and analytics solutions with supporting data architecture for our client customers.
- Be responsible for code and various data management activities that meet project and organizational requirements through collaboration with cross-functional teams (application developers, data and solution architects, infrastructure engineers, project managers, business analysts, QA, technical directors and account managers)
- Perform all phases of data engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing.
- Work with large, enterprise-class SQL Server databases
- Work with SQL Server as well as newer data technologies like Elasticsearch and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Collaborate on performance tuning of business-critical code
- Join a team that implements software engineering best practices
- Estimate engineering work effort and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks.
- Troubleshoot production support issues and identify solutions as required to back up the team on Operational DBA activities.
- Use previous experience to maintain the current loyalty and marketing databases.
- Ensure queries are efficient and optimized for best performance.
- Ensure that schema modifications are modeled appropriately.
- Work with QA and development peers to review and test code changes in lower environments.
- Understand, manage and troubleshoot SQL server agent jobs and monitoring software while contributing scripts to improve predictability of database system health.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server development (T-SQL) versions 2012+ in medium-large database implementations.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient and adept communicating with client customers in varied situations.
- Demonstrated success applying data management and engineering best practices.
- Strong commitment toward preservation of data quality and integrity.
- Understanding of OLTP, OLAP/Data Warehouse (star schema) and mixed workloads
- Strong competency writing SQL queries and with relational database modeling and design.
- A solid grasp of the Git version control system.
- Ability to learn and expand use of Powershell to manage and monitor databases
- Ability to provide general production database and server administration and support
- Interest/Experience in expanding beyond SQL server to newer data technologies like Elasticsearch or the Hadoop ecosystem and components.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)