Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Writer and Proposal Support
ICF is seeking a full-time proposal support and systems staff member to join a growing proposal shop focused on sustainability and environment, digital and engagement, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and health and social services. This position is an entry-level opportunity that could lead to a future role in proposal management or proposal writing.
The staff member will gather, format, and tailor resumes, project descriptions, and other proposal components from colleagues across our company. He or she must: be able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines; have excellent organizational skills to expertly manage many documents and concurrent assignments; and be detail-oriented. As part of a support function within our organization, he or she must be customer-service focused, professional, and approachable (but able to enforce deadlines)—even under tight and/or changing proposal deadlines and when working with a variety of staff members.
In addition to supporting proposal development, this person will also support proposal systems. This may include maintaining SharePoint pages and various repositories, creating working sites on SharePoint or Microsoft Teams, and troubleshooting versioning or permissions issues.
This staff member will work from an ICF office in Fairfax, VA, Rockville, MD, or Atlanta, GA.
- Gather resumes and project descriptions from across the organization in a timely manner and modify them per proposal requirements and approved templates.
- Participate in resume reviews with project managers to ensure that resumes highlight relevant information, showcase required experience, and are compliant to solicitation requirements.
- Contribute to other proposal sections as needed, including writing non-technical sections or contributing to qualifications statements.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate effectively with internal clients, and meet project deadlines.
- Perform systems maintenance, including the regular upkeep of online proposal portals and proposal team working sites.
- Contribute materials (resumes, project descriptions, final submitted documents) to the corporate database for future reference and company-wide use.
- Assist as needed with the submission of required proposal forms.
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in communications, English, journalism, or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a professional setting, and experience with writing or editing, required.
- An eye for detail and thorough knowledge of spelling and grammar required.
- Proficiency using Adobe PDF and MS Office, particularly MS Word’s Track Changes and comments functions, required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment is ideal.
- Experience working with proposals to federal clients preferred.
- Proficiency using SharePoint and Office365 is preferred.
- Formatting skills in Word preferred.
This position requires the following professional skills and attributes:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Highly responsive and able to identify and address high-priority tasks.
- Attentive learner who is eager to take on new tasks and learn new programs and processes.
- Team player who can work effectively with others to achieve common goals and objectives.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)