Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Finance Business Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Finance Business Analyst
ICF is seeking a self-starting Finance Business Analyst with superior analytical skills, a strong work ethic, strong communication skills, and proven ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively. The duties of the position will require the application of accounting experience and financial analysis. The position is based in Sacramento, CA.
The Finance Business Analyst will support the Environment & Planning Division at ICF and will report into the division’s Business and Finance Director and work closely with the Operations Manager and several project managers. The Finance Business Analyst will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing project performance and reporting on business performance against key indicators.
- Project budgeting and monitoring: The Finance Business Analyst would lead project review meetings and work in tandem with Project Managers to review project budgets and performance. The Finance Business Analyst would be responsible for understanding project progress and develop any tools needed to improve management of project budgets, expenditures, and performance on large million dollar projects. This may include monthly or weekly reporting of revenue, labor, expenses, and project milestones.
- Cost Estimate and Pricing Support: The Finance Business Analyst will support the Finance Department with rollout of a new cost estimate template. This includes understanding key performance indicators, preparing presentations, providing training, reviewing and troubleshooting implementation of new templates.
- Financial Reports and Forecasting: The Finance Business Analyst would develop and update regular tracking and forecasting reports for the Division Leader, Finance Director, and Operations Manager to assist with management of business.
- Project Contract and Subcontract Support: The Finance Business Analyst will support the Project Managers in managing contract and subcontract terms. This includes implementing processes to ensure that Prime contract requirements are understood and followed by team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience providing financial reporting and analysis
- Intermediate to advance skills with Microsoft Excel formulas and data manipulation.
- Experience with Sharepoint and Microsoft Project
- Experience supporting internal clients and working with senior leadership
- Experience with project management and accounting systems (Deltek Vision preferred)
- Past work experience in accounting, a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to impact operations and affect change without being confrontational
- A critical thinker
- Driven and results-oriented
- Highly analytical
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Proven success in working well both in teams and independently
- A desire to learn about the environmental consulting industry
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)