Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Data Analyst - Los Angeles, CA or Portland, OR
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Research Data Analyst
Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team
Los Angeles, California or Portland, Oregon Offices
- The Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, and Social policy (HEARS) group works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations-reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States.
- Are you enthusiastic about solving social issues and making a difference in people's lives? This is the place for you!
- The Team is seeking a Research Analyst with to provide support across the Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team’s array of Federal, State, and Commercial technical assistance, research, and evaluation projects addressing critical social issue areas of employment and workforce programs, poverty solutions, fatherhood and family support initiatives, and interventions for families in at-risk situations.
- Are you a recent undergraduate with interest and ability to support our Team across these content and skill areas? We want you to apply!
- Support training and technical assistance activities across the Team’s diverse array of projects.
- Perform background research on specified topics and synthesize material into fact sheets, blogs, literature reviews, and other products
- Support development and implementation of a wide and diverse range of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools virtually or on-site.
- Support the development and production of analyses and program trends/outcomes reports and targeted stakeholder publications/products
- Use administrative and programmatic data sets to evaluate program performance and support deeper problem exploration in a social services and workforce development setting.
- Coordinate logistics (e.g. teleconferences, virtual meetings, surveys, site visits, and Summits)
- Fall/Winter 2018 or 2019 bachelor’s degree graduate in public policy, economics, business, sociology, or a relevant social field
- At least 1 + years of experience in social services, workforce development, poverty solutions, education, and work with families and vulnerable populations.
- Basic proficiency and experience in qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
- Ability to translate data analyses or highly technical information around career and technical education and apprenticeships to market to school districts and other non-technical audiences
- Basic experience in developing/creating dashboards and data visualization using Tableau or similar tools
- Proficient in MS applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% nationwide on an annual basis
- Ability to work both independently and on a core team of staff members.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure, both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
California Client Office (CA88)