Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Analyst - Criminal Justice
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Research Analyst in Criminal Justice
Education, Community & Social Programs Division
The Justice and Community Development (JCD) Research and Evaluation Team has a broad portfolio of projects focusing on criminal justice practices and policies. The team is seeking a Research Analyst to work on multiple projects with topics ranging from victim services, juvenile justice, human trafficking, corrections, and law enforcement. With the supervision of more experienced researchers, you will be responsible for leading key tasks and assisting in the performance of social science research and training and technical assistance centers by collecting data, quantitatively and qualitatively analyzing data, and disseminating information through reports, briefs, and articles. You will apply your academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects surrounding the improvement of federal, state and local juvenile justice and child welfare systems, and interact with a variety of experts in juvenile justice, human trafficking, victim services, child welfare, and related fields. You will contribute to the development of innovative, high quality products and services in support for multiple projects. In addition, you may assist in contract and/or grant proposal efforts by writing key sections and assisting proposal managers as needed.
The position is located at ICF's headquarters in Fairfax, VA and will require some travel (approximately 20% nationwide).
- Lead and manage research tasks and project deliverables.
- Perform background research on specified topics and synthesize material in the form of annotated bibliographies and literature reviews.
- Collect primary data through conducting interviews, focus groups, or surveys. Participate in site visits.
- Support training and technical assistance activities for federal juvenile justice, human trafficking, victims of crime, and/or child welfare programs and initiatives.
- Manage databases and clean and process data using statistical analysis software such as SPSS, Stata, or SAS.
- Transcribe and code qualitative data.
- Analyze primary and secondary data using basic and advanced statistical methods (e.g., regressions).
- Coordinate logistics (e.g., teleconferences and virtual meetings).
- Bachelor's degree required in criminal justice, sociology, statistics, public policy, economics, or related field
- Entry Level Role
- Experience or knowledge related to research methods, victim services, and/or other criminal justice areas.
- Proficient in MS applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% nationwide on an annual basis.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, and Stata).
- Experience in report-writing and other technical writing.
- Experience with data collection, such as administering surveys, interviews, focus groups, or structured observations.
- Experience with project and/or task management with little oversight or direction.
- Experience in fast-paced and demanding work environments.
- Superior writing skills including editing ability (writing sample is required).
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Candidate should be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team and also be self-motivated.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)