Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Vulnerability Scanning Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The Vulnerability Scanning Specialists primary responsibility will be vulnerability scanning of all enterprise systems in order to determine compliancy and report results. They will also be involved with product evaluation and various aspects of system administration. This position requires a strong background understanding UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Collaborate with other members of the IA/scanning team on daily issues.
- Research and explain software vulnerabilities for multiple operating systems.
- Diagnose and resolve scanner software problems, and restore normal operation.
- Determine software configurations that achieve a high level of security for systems and applications
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to improve efficiency, reliability, and security.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Provide off-hour response to emergency situations
- Interpret vulnerability scan output and provide quantitative analysis of the results to management
- Perform wireless assessments of ARL sites to meet Army monthly compliance standards.
- Work with the other IT support teams in troubleshooting and remediating outstanding vulnerabilities
- Develop scanning solutions for research networks
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- 6 years relevant IT experience: 2 years experience in Information Systems and/or security experience with at least 2 of those years in network software and hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Vulnerability scanning experience using Retina, NMAP and/or Nessus
- Experience with TCP/IP network protocols
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to develop and execute detailed written plans for complex software and hardware implementations.
- Strong ability to develop effective written procedures and SOPs to guide daily operations.
- DoD 8570 compliant by obtaining/maintaining required certifications prior to start
- Familiarity with DoD and Army IAVM policies and procedures
- Experience documenting technical standards and procedures
- Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security
- Knowledge of DoD and/Army computer security policies.
- Understanding of hacking techniques and methodology
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanning techniques
- First-hand experience with installing and configuring Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
- The ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a team depending on the project
- Provide quality customer service with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)