Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications and Content Strategist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF Next is hiring a savvy Communications and Content Strategist to support the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Office of Public Affairs (OPA), Media Relations Branch (MRB) team. In this position, the specialist will provide expertise and support to manage MRB’s social media, media analytics, and media inquiries functions. As a member of the team, the specialist will work on-site at the NCI Shady Grove campus, attend internal client meetings and manage the day-to-day planning and execution for the NCI Director’s Twitter account.
This role is a combination of digital and public affairs strategy. Ensuring the content strategy for the NCI Director has a leadership voice, is sensitive to the public affairs issues, and is scientifically accurate and relevant. This will entail monitoring social media and traditional media channels and outlets and researching NCI topics for fact-checking scientific material. In addition, the role will require serving as back-up press officer, periodically monitoring and triaging requests.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo!
We’re currently hiring for a Communications and Content Strategist in our Rockville, MD location.
- A master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Health Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related majors
- 5+ years of experience in public relations a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively collaborate early and often with team members, as well as the capability to produce work product independently when required
- Comfort working at the client site
- Master’s degree in a related field and 3+ years of experience in Public Relations / Public Affairs
- Experience monitoring the media landscape, identifying relevant issues that may impact the organization, analyzing available information, and applying insights combined with experience to recommended plan of action.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects, turn around projects quickly, and meet deadlines.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)