Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Manager, Subcontracts
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking a Senior Manager, Subcontracts to join our Procurement team based at our global headquarters in Fairfax, VA. You will manage the staff and proposal efforts in a growing and dynamic group with a portfolio that includes Commercial, State and Local, and Federal contracts. If you have experience in both Federal Acquisition Regulations (“FAR”) covered contracts and commercial contract terms, then we want to hear from you!
You will need to be skilled in: 1) subcontractor/consultant negotiations, 2) managing a geographically-diverse staff, and 3) performing hands-on subcontract administration and proposal support.
This is a unique opportunity for you to be involved in further developing our procurement practices in both the commercial and federal markets.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage and integrate work activities of staff to ensure compliance with corporate, contract, and legal requirements. Develop employees in subcontract management and administration process
- Guiding diverse teams of skilled professionals in understanding and interpreting contractual risks and requirements and how to properly flow those down to ICF’s subcontractors and consultants
- Independently establish direct working relationship with division leaders. Understand both strategic and operational goals and translate them into effective procurement practices
- Responsible for all sourcing and solicitation efforts of ICF’s subcontractor and consulting relationships during the proposal process, implementing consistent strategies in risk mitigation, sound business practices, company policies, and government regulations
- Notify management of potential non-compliance and other business challenges that could have an adverse impact on the company for both corporate compliance matters, and sub contractual performance issues
- Review and, in some cases, negotiate agreements as required within the limits of authority delegated by the management – this includes reviewing/approving the same of staff reporting into the position
- Manage the proper coordination of various types of agreements and other contract/legal documents with other corporate functions, such as accounting, treasury, contracts/pricing, legal, tax, etc
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in subcontracts administration or 10 years of subcontracts administration experience with some of that time in a government cost accounting environment
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Solid understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), CPSR requirements, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), related federal and state legislation and regulations, and the Uniform Commercial Code
- Knowledge of various computer programs required (e.g. Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Graduate degree
- Supervisory experience specifically in Procurement/Subcontracts
- Experience with digital services, software development and license agreements a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, team player who is able to work well with all levels of personnel as well as internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a high-paced, demanding environment while juggling conflicting priorities and deadlines
- A positive and open mentality/attitude that is adaptable to change
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)