Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
VP, HR (ICF Next)
Position Summary: Leads Human Resources for ICF Next, a full-service marketing services agency purpose built for the new realities facing clients. With more than 800 employees across 14 offices in the U.S., Canada and India, ICF Next is one of the world’s top 50 agency companies. It boasts uniquely broad and deep expertise across the entire spectrum of marketing services, including Brand, PR & Social, Loyalty/CRM and Digital Solutions.
As the HR Leader, you will be a key strategic partner with leaders and team members throughout the agency (including Executive Leadership, Finance and Operations) on Talent Management, Employee Development, Career Planning, Culture Shaping and Change Management.
You will play a crucial role in the implementation of ICF’s talent management practices You will advise, influence, and coach leaders in all elements of talent management, including identifying human capital needs, initiating and supporting succession management, talent development planning, and leading the execution of initiatives to help achieve business objectives. You will also lead, coach and develop a team of Human Resource Business Partners aligned with the varying business lines.
- Lead Human Resources for ICF Next partnering with line management and VP, HRBP to set priorities, design initiatives, and manage implementation
- Serve as a key member of ICF’s HR Leadership team, developing ICF’s overall HR agenda, shaping key initiatives, and leading specific initiatives across ICF.
- Serve as a member of the ICF Next Executive Leadership Team. Partner with business leaders to drive business results through talent strategies, improve organizational and cultural effectiveness, facilitate effective change efforts and ensure employee development and engagement are areas of focus.
- Work with ICF Total Rewards team to ensure effective market positioning and incentive compensation planning; provide guidance and counsel to leaders to help ensure maximum return on compensation costs, as part of a total compensation approach.
- Provide needs requirements and design input to ICF Learning & Development team to ensure management and leadership training and broader professional development practices and resources are aligned with talent and business strategies.
- Partner with the business to lead the deployment of corporate HR initiatives, support organizational change efforts, and establish and implement effective human capital strategies.
- Help transform business strategies and objectives into individual performance goals; help to cascade those goals through the line organization. Lead the utilization of best practices in performance management/accountability, and consult and advocate for the most impactful application of rewards and consequences.
- Work with managers to enable them to develop their employees and advance their careers.
- Support employee retention and engagement through trend identification and data analysis, (including employee survey results); work with managers and employees in developing and implementing targeted action plans.
- Assess voluntary attrition levels, identify areas of opportunity and potential root causes, craft action plans to address, and lead implementation.
- Identify and improve leadership and management practices; collaborate with the business and other HR staff to develop resolution strategies when specific ER issues arise.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal/regulatory federal and state requirements and ensure fair and consistent daily management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for employees.
- Provide input into HR system designs and processes.
- Promote ICF's Core Values through HR programs and practices, model personal integrity, drive the importance of ethics and compliance throughout the business, and address related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Act as the liaison between employees, managers and outside counsel to facilitate immigration activities and advise the business on immigration processes and related HR matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven success developing and leading initiatives and teams focused on talent development and retention in hot markets.
- Experience in functioning effectively in an HRBP role partnering with corporate Centers of Expertise. Ability to anticipate potential issues and opportunities and translate into value-added corporate program design input. Ability to both advocate effectively for the needs of the business and to present and implement corporate programs effectively within the ICF Next organization.
- Success in developing consultation and influencing skills within local HRBP teams
- Strong capabilities in developing people manager understanding and effective application of compensation practices, career development strategies, and a culture of recognition and engagement
- Deep working knowledge and practical experience in organizational design, diversity and inclusion, performance management, employee development, leadership and management development, and change management.
- High-level of proficiency in problem solving skills/critical thinking with the ability to analyze complex situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound business ethics and judgment, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective relationship skills, including the ability to teach, mentor and communicate with all levels of employees and leadership.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in Human Resources leader roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices and disciplines, including talent management, performance management, employee/career development and general support in a broad based HR generalist role.
- Solid experience in HR project management, program implementation and training delivery.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting a large, complex, multi-location organization while working with managers across various offices and matrixed lines of business.
- Proven ability as an effective team member on virtual teams and ability to successfully support, coach, and influence remote clients.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- HCI, PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP or SCP certification.
- High energy, fast moving agency environment, characterized by fun, hard work, humor, and intensity.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is that of a typical modern office.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 25% travel required
- 75% sitting
- 25% standing
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance organizational workload.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL11)