Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Social Media Strategist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF Next is hiring a social media strategist to support the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Office of Dissemination and Digital Communications (ODDC) Social Media team. In this position, the specialist will support the development and implementation of effective long-term social media dissemination strategies across NCI’s social media channels. As a member of the team, the specialist will work on-site at the NCI Shady Grove campus, attend internal client meetings and support the day-to-day social media communications needs for ODDC.
This role is most heavily focused on helping to develop social media strategy and delivery, including strategy development, writing content, scheduling content and measuring reach, engagement and conversations on social media. In addition, the role entails supporting and at times leading coordination of social media special events such as Twitter chats, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live, 1-2 events per month.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo!
We’re currently hiring for a Social Media Strategist in our Rockville, MD location.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Health Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related majors
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing or a related field
- Knowledge of organic and paid social media platform use, social media content development, and some exposure to social media management, analytics and listening tools
- Excellent presentation skills
- Comfort facilitating live social media events such as FB Live and Twitter chats
- Ability to effectively collaborate early and often with team members, as well as the capability to produce work product independently when required
- Comfort working at the client site
- Experience working with social media ad platforms.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience working or interning at a PR or advertising agency or in a digital marketing consultant role (involvement in promotions, PR or advertising within your school, especially with web and/or social media, is a plus)
- Knowledge of visual elements that help social media content generate engagement on platforms such as Buffer, Symplur Signals, Iconosquare (Instagram analytics tool). In addition to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram native platform analytics.
- Understanding of various communication channels and how they work in harmony (e.g., traditional and digital paid media, social media, media relations)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)