Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Study Director - Health Research
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Study Director - Health Research
ICF is seeking a Senior Study Director to lead business development while overseeing and maintaining the health of the current project portfolio on large, primarily federal health research studies. The Senior Study Director will set the tone and direction for continued vision/mission development and execution and will expand ICF’s reputation as innovative leader in health studies. He/She will interface with internal and external clients to ensure overall technical project objectives are met and delivered. The Senior Study Director will serve as a member of the Survey Research Leadership Team. Successful portfolio expansion will afford an opportunity for career growth in this position.
The position is located in our Rockville, Maryland office.
- Provide leadership to guide capture and implementation of multi-prong health studies
- Determine growth targets using multiple strategies (e.g., changes in funding, new clients, expanding markets)
- Grow work in areas of epidemiologic studies, bio-specimen collection, and bio-monitoring
- Develop price-to-win strategies based on a variety of inputs including experience-centered information
- Develop client relationships through personal network and reputation; expand these relationships to other ICF staff
- Direct, collaborate on, and support health research studies for a wide variety of clients in both the public and private sectors
- Develop and deliver technical projects within scope, schedule, and budget constraints while meeting or exceeding client satisfaction
- Lead/participate in proposal development and other business development activities
- Lead/contribute to health research study design, including the use of innovative data collection methods
- Plan/manage/conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Lead/participate in report writing
- Masters or PhD in public health or relevant social sciences field
- At least 10 years of health research experience with at least 5 years as Project Director of large health research studies
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building a portfolio of business in health studies by creating new business relationships and fostering existing relationships within the federal health studies field
- Strong background in research, quantitative and qualitative skills, and experience with mixed-method approaches
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel effectively and exercise good judgment related to allocating staff resources and ability to sensitively handle personnel management issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)