Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Media Officer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF Next, formerly ICF Mostra, is one of the leading integrated communication agencies in Europe.
We are specialised in helping European institutions and other international organisations to raise awareness about their policies and actions and, engage with a variety of audiences. With the support of our global partner network, we can offer solutions for communication needs, in any medium and in any language, across the world.
We challenge ourselves and our clients to communicate to citizens and confront realities and tackle new challenges. Our 1,700+ deep bench of creatives, communicators, strategists, technologists, and data analysts are committed to helping organizations to meet barriers head-on. To find real value – sooner. And to create lasting change that leaves them better prepared to face the future. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
We are currently looking for a Senior Media Officer to join our Public Relations team.
- Design and deliver media relations strategies thanks to an extensive knowledge of the European media landscape, especially TV (digital and online) and radio
- Creates media lists, media action plans to support media relations campaigns
- Drafting, disseminating and pitching media materials (video, radio, online assets) and press releases
- Call, e-mail and meet with appropriate media contacts
- Secure placement of opinion editorials, guests in TV and radio shows in European media (online, TV, radio, podcasts, blogs, social media journalism…)
- Manage press trips and press briefings, taking into account visual and social media requirements
- Use media monitoring tools, undertake qualitative and quantitative media analysis
- Produce key strategic client documents: advisory/briefing notes, reports and presentations
- Advises to clients
- Demonstrate European institution knowledge and media savviness in order to deliver quality feature-driven coverage in core sectors (agriculture, food & beverage, business, energy, environment, health and foreign affairs)
- Advise on media engagement in crisis situations and manage media relations for sensitive and complex assignments, including providing rapid rebuttal services
- Fluent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and at least two other EU languages
- Interest and experience in TV or Radio journalism
- At least 10 years of experience in media relations including media pitching, managing press trips, press briefings, demonstrate ability to handle media requests on-site during conferences/events
- At least 5 years of experience in coordinating team members towards the achievement of project;
- Flexible attitude and able to work effectively independently (with a clear briefing/guidelines) or as part of a team
- Ability to coach junior team members and organise work assignments for junior colleagues
- Can-do attitude
- Creative mindset
- Degree in public relations
- An understanding of the EU institutions and EU policies
- A previous experience in working with the EU institutions
Marnix - Brussels (BE75)