Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Analyst - Market & Competitive Intelligence
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is looking for a full-time Market & Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst to support our corporate business development organization in its mission of public and commercial sector growth across global markets. You will primarily be responsible for conducting and analyzing market research and competitive intelligence to inform business decisions on our capture and proposal strategies, including analytics around price to win (PTW). You will have significant exposure to our business development processes within high-visibility pursuits, be expected to interact with corporate executives and senior leadership on a regular basis, and learn about ICF’s diverse portfolio of client-focused business across our operating groups. With its foundational introduction to ICF’s global business priorities, this could be a great opportunity for long-term career growth with ICF.
The successful candidate will exhibit a strong aptitude for online and social media research, a love of puzzling through the often complicated “puts and takes” of any research project that relies on less-than-perfect information, and an ability to think creatively and critically when conducting and reporting on nuanced data analyses. The Market & Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst should possess knowledge of online research tools and social media platforms, a keen curiosity about technology and business development, some business economics acumen, strong communication skills, and a competitive spirit.
This position will be based out of ICF’s headquarters in Fairfax, VA. You will report to the PTW/Competitive Analysis Lead within Corporate Growth.
- Research publicly available material to find information on clients and competitors, across markets and geographies
- Work closely with capture teams to analyze recent and emerging competitor, customer, pricing and technology trends
- Help with market research on discrete strategic priorities and opportunities
- Review solicitations to identify pricing requirements; work with technical teams to help develop pricing data calls and inputs for other documents, as required (e.g., Basis of Estimate, cost volume narratives)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, or related area of study is a plus)
- 2 years of professional experience, preferably in a corporate environment (may include internships)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend/support implementation of response strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills, including ability to synthesize information into key messages appropriate for the audience
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong collaborator and impactful team player
Preferred Professional Skills:
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in using data to drive decisions
- Demonstrated experience with research using publicly available databases (experience with subscription databases such as GovWin is a plus)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)