Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director of Social Strategy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Director of Social Strategy in our Minneapolis or Chicago office.
As a Director of Social Strategy you will:
be an authority on social media strategy and how to build and connect insights, trends and data into strategies that fuel social content development. This person can be both right and left brained, pairing their deep understanding of the social ecosystems with an ability to collaborate and drive creative teams to build and execute ideas and campaigns. He/she must have a finger on the pulse of today’s ever-changing social media landscape to help our clients innovate and push their brands forward. This person is a vocal thought leader for clients, internal client service teams and with junior employees, and must be able to see beyond traditional social media to understand how social connects to all aspects of marketing and communication. You will also:
- Lead social-specific strategy development for clients and for new business.
- Council clients and internal content team on strategic insights that are used to innovate and push creative to drive brand relevancy through changes to user behavior, content types and real-time trends/data
- Guide and coach junior staff and creative teams to develop the content for one or more brand’s social channels that is optimized for users, platform-specific and goal-oriented
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all aspects of social media
- Be the point person and know when and how to Integrate creative, data/analytics, paid media and/or other client services teams to develop fully integrated, insight-driven content campaigns
- Have a thorough understanding of the social influencer space
- Partner with PR and Influencer teams to participate in creative brainstorming and monitor for real-time engagement opportunities for clients
As a Director of Social Strategy you will have:
- Strong client-service focus and ability to build plans and strategies
- Ability to give and receive positive and negative feedback to/from junior employees, creative team members, client service account leads and clients
- Ability to listen and communicate in a clear and compelling way in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to proactively plan and anticipate feedback and questions
- Ability to foster creativity and turn insights and conversations into ideas
- Ability to see beyond social media and understand how everything is connected and works together across digital ecosystems, user experiences and earned media
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
- Thirst for knowledge and creative inspiration around social media
Job Location(s): Minneapolis, MN or Chicago, IL
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)