Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Office 365 Solution Developer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking a well-qualified, experienced and talented Office 365 Solution Developer to work in our Corporate Information Technology (CIT) Department. This group collaborates with internal clients to plan, configure, and develop effective and secure information systems to improve performance, increase productivity, and achieve business objectives. This position will be responsible for the design, delivery and support of O365 solutions within a hybrid environment. The role can be based in Fairfax, VA, or work remote.
- Play a central role in leveraging the Microsoft Office 365 platform, partnering with business users providing guidance and support in implementing solutions using the Office 365 collaboration tool set.
- Responsible for all stages of requirements gathering, delivery, and support of solutions that meet business needs using the Office 365 Collaboration suite; including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Flow, Office products, Groups, Teams, Delve, Sway, Stream and Planner.
- Development and Implementation of solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search
- Maintain excellent knowledge about existing Microsoft Office 365 and emerging strategies and identify, develop opportunities for their use and drive changes.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design with an understanding of Information Architecture functionality including: site mapping, application integration, enterprise search, taxonomy, content classification and portal interaction on mobile platforms
- Exhibit an understanding of SharePoint hybrid architecture and have the ability to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services hybrid architecture
- This is a customer-facing role demanding demonstrated capability in confidently presenting thoughts and ideas to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
- Elicit and analyze business processes and requirements from technical and non-technical teams and convert business requirements into system functionality within the O365/hybrid framework
- O365 Subject matter expert for complex user support questions.
- Analyze feasibility and perform testing of new features as they become available.
- Assist in the development of training documentation, and provide training as needed.
- Work with the Information Security team to ensure security standards are included, applied and maintained across all product sets within the domain.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent technical field required
- At least 4+ years hands-on experience in SharePoint Development and 2+ years of experience developing and implementing Office 365 based solutions
- Proficiency in developing search-driven solutions integrating Taxonomy Term Stores, custom content types with the ability to create custom result sources, refiners and display templates
- Understanding and experience with Office 365 features such as Yammer, Delve, Flow, Power Apps, Groups, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Office Online and workflow tools.
- Advanced skills with SharePoint, O365, and cloud solutions with a broad technology background as a core foundation.
- Skilled with PowerShell for O365 and SharePoint and the O365 administration portal
- Proficient in implementing hybrid solutions between on-premise and O365 environments
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as: SQL Server, Internet Information Server and Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Azure ADFS or Active Directory DirSync is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Graph API and Azure AD App Registration
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Framework (SPFx) model and Add-in model development
- Understanding of Compliance (Data Loss Prevention, Security), Legal (Records Retention, Hold, etc.) capabilities available on hybrid platforms
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, Ability to work efficiently & productively with minimal direction or guidance
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)