Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Opioid Addiction Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention, health promotion, and the care of chronic health conditions? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges with behavior and disease surveillance and monitoring, research and surveys, training and technical assistance, and informatics and systems.
ICF seeks an Opioid Addiction Specialist with strong experience in opioid and/or heroin prevention or treatment, prescription drug misuse/overdose, or related substance abuse areas to lead and/or support Behavioral Health Research/Evaluation or Training and Technical Assistance projects. Primary responsibilities include providing technical direction and/or support to projects focused on research and evaluation or training and technical assistance. Candidates with training and technical assistance expertise should have a demonstrated ability designing and implementing comprehensive support services to assist states and communities in addressing the opioid epidemic. Candidates with research/evaluation expertise should have a demonstrated ability to apply advanced methods and technical to design and implement research and evaluation projects with preference to candidates with a strong background in experimental, quasi-experimental and mixed method research.
- Provide opioid addiction subject matter expertise and experience supporting large research/evaluation or training and technical assistance projects.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and develop long-term client relationships.
- Lead or support the development of written products such as reports, briefs, manuals, and peer reviewed journal articles, and make presentations to various audiences
- Ensure quality control and adherence to timelines and budgets, oversee production of high quality deliverables, and maintain rigorous and ethical research standards
- Lead or support the development and preparation of contracts and grant proposals to secure new business in Behavioral Health and Public Health arenas
- Supervise and mentor other staff as assigned
- Support professional development of ICF staff through peer to peer collaboration and mentorship of less experienced staff
- PhD or MA in behavioral, social sciences, or related field required.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in opioid or heroin use or closely related topics such as prescription drug overdose; cannabis use; drug policy; surveillance of substance misuse; prescription drug surveillance and monitoring.
- Experience managing or working with diverse teams. Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with others; and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methods or training and technical assistance approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
-Excellent technical writing and research skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to supervising and mentoring staff required.
- Preferred 8 years or more of research/evaluation or training and technical assistance experience in opioid or substance use or related topics.
- Established track record in publication in one or more of the required content areas.
- Proven background leading successful proposals or grants and will be able to leverage methodological and content expertise to build upon existing business.
- Demonstrated experience working as the point of contact (technical or management) with Federal clients.
- Experience leading and securing Office of Management and Budget approval and institutional review board clearances.
- Strong problem-solving skills and management skills (of clients and internal teams).
- Demonstrated cultural competence in providing services to or working with diverse groups (i.e. providers, stakeholders, consumers, diverse racial and ethnic groups.
- For evaluation candidates, (1) demonstrated experience with foundational and emerging research methods (qualitative or quantitative) and related technologies, and (2) strong proficiency in either qualitative or quantitative analytic software and analytic techniques with the ability to train more junior staff in application of these techniques.
- For training and technical assistance candidates, (1) demonstrated experience developing and executing training plans, (2) strong proficiency in adult learning styles and training techniques, and (3) experience delivering technical assistance to states, communities, or health providers.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA15)