Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Proposal Writer Remote
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking On-Call (part-time) Technical Proposal Writers to be based out of our Sacramento, CA office, however the option to work remotely and telecommute is available.
Who we are:
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced On-Call Technical Proposal Writers who are genuinely passionate about writing technical content for proposals using persuasive, explanatory, and procedural styles of writing. The ideal candidate will have experience with coordinating the full writing process – from idea inception, to drafting, to editing, to final production. We are looking for writers with experience pulling information together from multiple sources, conducting additional research as needed, and synthesizing it into a coherent and usable flow. The ideal candidates can work with project staff to identify the intent of a document; to identify key questions, major themes, etc. as they relate to solution development, and to bring perspectives together to achieve consensus on final outcomes is critical. We are looking for writers who will add to our team dynamic and develop compelling proposals.
- Become familiar with solutions developed for management, technical, and cost sections. This includes identifying client requirements and discriminators, identifying our strengths and weaknesses, describing solutions to meet their needs and providing benefits, and determining how we add value.
- Prepare for proposal kick off meetings (to include review of Request for Proposal for key areas of concern/requirements, speaking individually with key members regarding teaming, win themes, etc.).
- Develop and vet newly created content based on interviews with technical staff, prior to inserting in draft document.
- Write first draft (during this phase, pull any existing boilerplate content and tailor it for the client, create new content based on interview with staff).
- Hold first draft review with project lead and technical staff.
- Incorporate edits and comments from first draft review and prepare final draft review.
- Hold final draft review. Vet entire proposal with key team members and vet messaging with business development staff.
Professional skills we are seeking include:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong editing and formatting skills, especially in working within MS Office-based programs and templates
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and dependable with a willingness to work outside of standard business hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to take direction and identify priorities and multi-task, all while demonstrating a professional demeanor, flexible attitude, and an enthusiasm for producing highly strategic and thoughtful work.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field
- Five to seven years of applicable experience working in a professional services industry, energy markets preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA56)