Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF’s growing Experience team is looking for a Content Strategist who can contribute expertise in customer experience, user experience, and content strategy to help clients in the government and commercial sectors serve citizens. You’ll assist in providing strategic guidance to clients and work alongside other content strategists on the day-to-day delivery.
We push the digital world forward, using technology to achieve life’s most important mission—connecting people. Are you ready for what’s next? Free shuttle access from the metro, onsite happy hours and constant learning opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF. Find out what we’re up to at buildwithicfi.com. This is position can be based in either our Rockville, MD or Fairfax, VA office with options to telework out of the week.
What you’ll get to do
- Analyze sites’ content, structure, architecture, and taxonomy to identify problems and opportunities.
- Translate data (e.g., web analytics or user testing results) into stories and recommendations.
- Define and implement content strategies that let our client’s sites meet their business goals and respond to user needs.
- Inform your content strategies with user and stakeholder feedback.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 6 + years of experience in Communications, Content Strategy, User Experience, or a related field (experience with public health communication is a bonus).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Information Science, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Capable of writing guidelines and requirements, especially translating user needs into development requirements.
- Good skills with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)