Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Remote DMV Based; Wednesday work in Fairfax, VA Headquarters
The Instructional Designer will design and develop online and face-to-face trainings in support of the Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC).
- Create instructionally sound trainings, including developing learning objectives, assessments, course outlines, learning activities, case studies, job aids, and reference materials for online delivery.
- Monitor applications and ensure e-learning trainings are working properly.
- Assist in supporting the process for web-based courseware testing and development.
- Create storyboards, scripts, and course video content using software such as Captivate or Articulate.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), OVC staff, and OVC TTAC internal staff in the design and development of trainings.
- Manage training development projects, including managing SMEs and internal staff, project planning, creating development schedules, and executing deliverables.
- Develop instructional media materials including slides, graphics, and audio to support instruction.
- Monitor and respond to instructor and participant feedback to improve training materials and ensure their currency.
- Provide hands-on assistance for technology integration to team, SMEs, instructors and participants both during development and delivery.
- Serve as System Administrator for multiple learning management systems (LMS).
- M.A. or M. Ed. in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Distance Learning, or related field.
- 5 years of proven experience as an Instructional Designer designing and managing online and face-to face training projects.
- Experience with one or more LMSs (such as Desire2Learn, and SumTotal).
- Experience in bringing together text, images, video, and audio in both traditional and e-learning trainings.
- Experience integrating instructional technology into trainings.
- Familiarity with the application of adult learning theory to training.
- Experience with developing scenario-/goal-/problem-based training.
- Experience with 508 compliance and SCORM requirements.
- Knowledge of victim services field preferred.
- Experience with Articulate 360 Suite of tools, including Storyline and Rise.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate 9.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)