Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
CDBG - DR Infrastructure Lead
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Do you have experience in CDBG-DR Infrastructure and/or Buyout & Acquisition? Our Disaster Management team in Austin, TX is looking for you!
What you'll be doing:
As a Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Infrastructure and/or Buyout & Acquisition Consultant you’ll be working on Hurricane Harvey recovery in Austin, Texas. You will be immediately responsible for project management services associated with the Local Infrastructure Program and the Local Buyout and Acquisition Program. The selected candidate will:
- Conduct reviews of CDBG-DR programmatic materials to ensure they reflect the process of the current program(s) and are in compliance with all applicable federal regulations.
- Develop and review programmatic standard operating procedures to the support GLO and subrecipients;
- Provide onsite technical assistance to GLO and subrecipients on relevant federal regulations including, but not limited to: CDBG-DR National Objectives (including the two new Buyout national objectives), procurement, FEMA match coordination, program design and guidance on whether a buyout or an acquisition makes the most sense, depending on the subrecipient’s anticipated end use.
- Coordinate with GLO’s system of record (TIGR) and develop SOPs for integration of PM services within TIGR and work with GLO’s TIGR Enhancements vendor to incorporate any additional features necessary to fully integrate PM services and associated record keeping functionality;
- Modify and/or develop a checklist for the following PM duties to promote a consistent approval process: applications, draft scope (performance statement) budgets, project submittals, project schedules, plan reviews, subrecipient SOPs, project draw requests, project completion reports, and amendment requests and change orders;
- Draft CDBG-DR Implementation Manual by meeting with GLO staff to understand the current iteration of the document and GLO’s anticipated revisions for the finished product. Coordinate with GLO to identify issues with the draft implementation manual and develop additional required SOPs necessary to integrate PM duties;
- Complete daily updates of the task tracking tool used to monitor task progress, due dates and task responsibilities;
- Support ICF team members, as necessary, to complete project tasks that may be outside of the Local Infrastructure Program and the Local Buyout and Acquisition Program needs;
- Participate in reoccurring management and problem-solving meetings and provide real-time insight to GLO throughout the life of the program.
Required Professional Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in planning, engineering, law, economics, business administration, public administration, or a relevant discipline.
- At least five years of CDBG-DR experience with more than three years of experience administering CDBG-DR funded infrastructure programs and/or CDBG-DR buyout and property acquisition programs.
- Ability to provide expert-level CDBG-DR technical assistance to grantees and subrecipients;
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing technical guidance or procedures;
- Skill in managing multiple projects and stakeholder interests with timeliness, accuracy, and quality;
- Excellent analytical and qualitative strategic thinking capabilities and collaboration skills;
- Demonstrable analytical rigor and good judgement under pressure.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Austin, TX (TX18)