Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Spanish Medical Translator
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The Health Sciences and Services Division (HS2) is currently seeking a Spanish Medical Translator to support our Rockville, MD office.
- Translate Physician Data Query (PDQ) cancer content (health professional and patient summaries, Dictionary of cancer terms and definitions, labels, captions and content descriptions of Spanish images)
- Edit/Proofread/Quality Control all translations including those of other translators
- Always ensure translation precision, clarity, correctness, accuracy and cultural appropriateness
- Use complex XML database (training will be provided)
- Use SDL Trados Studio 2019, Multiterm and SDL WorldServer Translation Management System.
- Bachelor/Masters in Health related sciences or MA in translation
- Native Spanish speaker
- 2+ years of oncology/medical terminology expertise
- 5+ years of English into Spanish translation experience
- 5+ years English into Spanish editing/grammar expertise
- American Translator's Association (ATA) certification
- Experience with Translation Memory software
- Ability to achieve a satisfactory score in a translation assessment
- Ability to learn a custom XML database
- Willingness to meet production deadlines
- Ability to research complex medical terminology
- Attention to detail
- Possess the aptitude for understanding the “big picture” while focusing on accuracy and details.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced enviornment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced enviornment.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)