Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Art Director, Emerging Strategies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Senior Art Director, Emerging Strategies
Toronto, ON (preferred)
We are ICF, a strategic consultancy that imagines and builds transformative experiences across the world. Our breadth of verticals and clients reflect the diversity that drives us. Technology and how people engage with the world around them is in constant change, and we’re here to help our clients build sustainable ideas inside this medium.
In Emerging Strategies, you will be joining a team charged with designing the future of work inside ICF. Our process is branded under Spark Labs, a set of tools that allow us to co-create with clients, collaborate with colleagues, and use design principles to solve problems in remarkable ways. The tools are largely based on the Google Venture’s Design Sprint process, and involve many moments of strategy, planning, analytics, and design. Our goal is to operationalize and accelerate adoption, achieve scale, and build a community of practitioners around ICF. Spark Labs is not a space, it’s an experience.
To further adoption and awareness, we are standing up a dedicated Media Room, that will be charged with bringing to life the cultural identity of Spark Labs across a variety of editorial mediums. As the lead Art Director in the Media Room, you will play an instrumental role in fostering the visual expression of the Spark Labs narrative. This person will have impeccable design and direction skills, with the ability to craft & create inspiring storytelling ideas out of the work happening all around us in ICF.
The process will operate much like a newsroom, where you’ll work collectively with marketing managers and writers, picking up on the stories that matter, converting them into thoughtful conversations rapidly. Our publishing channels will be diverse, from podcasts, behind the scenes documentaries, punchy client shareable videos, infographics, through to event activations.
As Spark Labs is a mix of teams from all over the world, you will have complete flexibility in managing a remote work culture for yourself. It is expected that there will be 35% travel involved in this position, to Europe, USA, and Canada.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Own the art and design direction of Spark Labs by defining an identity that represents a cultural expression of how we work. You will partner with the team to translate the vision into a sustainable structure, from branding, through to imagery, styling and language.
- Facilitate storyboarding sessions of bigger content ideas, ensuring we get the chance to tell amazing narratives in every communication.
- Lead content creation by shooting, editing and publishing videos and photography, with the freedom to seek out support of internal, and freelance creative resources as needed.
- Plan set & studio design as Spark Labs endeavors to create collaborative spaces. You will help design our conferences, marketing activations, meetups in new cities, training boot camps, through to helping us reimagine the future of workspaces inside ICF.
- Participate in workshops and Design Sprints as part of a diverse group of experts that are casted to take on a big client challenge.
- Support community management across a variety of social channels alongside the Emerging Strategies team.
- Contribute to content strategy by meeting with experts and clients, helping them breakdown their topic and developing an idea for a story.
- Continuously improve the media process by developing guides and finding creative ways to optimize our capabilities.
Who you are:
Here’s an idea of the type of background we’re looking for. It’s not an exhaustive list by any means, and we’re open to hearing your story and where you want to go.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of communications, media, marketing or other relevant education.
- You have 7+ years of experience in design or media, in which you marshalled great work out of artists and communicators around you.
- Experienced in hands-on editing as well as providing direction to the editing processes.
- You thoroughly enjoy inventing art direction, as well as iterating and improving existing ones.
- You are skilled in media creation across diverse mediums, from photos, videos, live streams, social media and more.
- You have a genuine passion for creating culture for the people around you.
- You want to travel the world with your team and use that to fuel your storytelling.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)