Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Group Lead
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
ICF is hiring a Group Lead to assist the Project Manager in providing day-to-day direction, guidance, and decision making for operations involving Contractor services for disaster recovery efforts for a client in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Assists Project Manager in the planning, directing, and coordination of daily activities to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved.
- Assists in establishing work plan and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Follows up with the project manager to ensure goals and objectives are in line with the scope of the project
- Collaborate with the project manager to manage the project from inception to completion
- Carry out daily operational tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Facilitate communications between the project manager and the staff
- Track productivity and report updates to the project manager
- Ensure adherence to project timelines.
- Prepares project reports. Plans, reviews, and evaluates the work of subordinate professional and operational staff.
- Reviews and evaluates project and service delivery.
- Collaborate with the project manager in developing systems and maintains records that provide for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of all program activities.
- Makes recommendations for hiring staff.
- Provides explanations, clarifications, and other communications with grantees, sub-recipients, contractors, and other interested parties regarding disaster recovery and grant monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience leading major disaster recovery efforts and grant monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in management and supervision, effective leadership, problem solving, oral and written communication, evaluation of project effectiveness, and management of multiple tasks.
- Excels in high paced work environment
- Self-starter who works well independently and at times with minimal guidance
- Strong problem solver skills and innovative skills
- Must focus on the client needs and be supportive to project manager at all times
- Proficiency in the use of computers, databases and office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Client Office (LA88)