Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking a full time GIS Analyst to be based in the Portland, OR office. As a GIS Analyst you will be responsible for providing GIS technical services for a wide variety of client projects in the areas of natural resource conservation, water resources, land use and transportation planning, and environmental impact assessment.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
- Bachelors degree in Geography, GIS, environmental sciences, or a related field
- 1-3 years of practical experience working in the GIS field (coursework, internships, and/or degree may be substituted for experience)
- Hands-on operational experience of ESRI GIS software, including ArcGIS 10.5, Spatial Analyst and Model Builder
- Ability to correctly generate and provide calculations on geospatial and tabular data
- Understand basic cartographic principles and possess the ability to produce quality maps while maintaining efficiency
- Experience with georeferencing and digitizing data as well as converting CAD data to GIS
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word); comfortable with advanced Excel operations such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide client services
- Ability to be adaptive in a fast paced environment, including learning new technologies and juggling multiple projects depending on priority need.
- Basic understanding of Python including the ArcPy module, and the ability to manipulate scripts for use in automating analysis and figure production
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Collector for iPad
- Experience with Trimble GPS units and GPS Pathfinder
- Experience with Data Driven Pages
- Experience in environmental consulting industry
- Experience with QGIS
- Familiarity with open source platforms such as Carto, Mapbox, and Leaflet
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Portland, OR (OR08)