Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Assistance SME
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
The Public Assistance SME will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Public Assistance Division. Assisting with PA Program delivery, project worksheet development and operational details.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives, Public Assistance and its implementing regulations.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of grants administration issues and problems.
- Significant experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations including issues that have complex political and programmatic elements.
- Significant experience addressing FEMA Public Assistance policy and guidance technical issues in regard to current law and regulations.
- Coordinate and participate in resolution of project related issues and concerns.
- Optimize procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Maintain and track each case as required in project report management information system.
- Measure performance with key metrics.
- Keep management team informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
- Expertise in area in which you are assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills, Bachelor’s Degrees preferred, however experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5-8 years of experience as a FEMA, State or Local Public Assistance
- Prior management experience is necessary
- Strong organization skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of smartphone apps, MS Office, Data Information System & Time Management Skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)