Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Infectious Disease Surveillance Specialist- Bamako, Mali
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year United States Agency for International Development-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2) improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases; and (3) generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
ICF is seeking a Surveillance Specialist to be responsible for reinforcing key functions of disease surveillance at the community level and through information management, community-based surveillance (CBS), and coordination with other project team members and partners who undertake surveillance strengthening activities. This includes strengthening surveillance systems through a One Health approach. This position reports to the ICF team lead for IDDS based in Bamako, Mali.
- Provide technical assistance for surveillance activities of priority pathogens and AMR
- Provide support for workshops with key surveillance stakeholders to identify gaps in real-time surveillance information sharing and develop an action plan to address gaps
- Conduct workshops on DHIS 2 use for integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR) for surveillance stakeholders
- Provide technical assistance to conduct weekly analysis of IDSR data in DHIS 2 and provide feedback on the completeness and timeliness of reporting at all levels
- Support implementation of event- and indicator-based surveillance, and community-based surveillance for priority pathogens and AMR
- Support efforts with CBS stakeholders to create a plan for IDDS’s role in strengthening and expanding CBS coverage
- Work to link human and animal health surveillance using a One Health approach
- Follow established processes to guarantee the technical and programmatic quality of IDDS work in Mali
- Work closely with the IDDS team lead to define and adjust annual work plans as well as implement technical activities
- Minimum of a master’s degree or higher in public health, international development, or a related field, with a focus on infectious disease detection, surveillance, and diagnostics
- At least five years of experience in public health programs in Mali
- Technical competency in infectious diseases and surveillance systems
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Authorization to work in Mali
- Experience residing and working in Mali
- Familiarity with U.S. Government programs
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.