Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Strategic Marketing and Communications Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Strategic Marketing and Communications Manager
New York, NY
ICF is looking for a full-time Strategic Marketing and Communications Manager to be based in New York, where we have offices on Wall Street and in Midtown. The person filling this role will support our growing work in distributed energy resources and energy efficiency in New York and the Northeast.
About ICF's Strategic Communications and Marketing Capabilities
Ranked in 2018 by PR Week as the 8th largest independent agency in the country, ICF’s award-winning strategic communications and marketing group includes more than 1,700 marketing, communications, digital, and creative professionals. We offer a 150+ person creative services group that includes art directors, graphic designers, copywriters, technical writers, production specialists, videographers, and motion graphics specialists. We also have a full-service digital and media services team with expertise in planning and placing paid, earned, and owned media.
Job Description:As a member of the Commercial Energy Division, the Strategic Marketing & Communications Manager will lead the planning, development, and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and tactics to support our energy efficiency and distributed energy resources clients in New York and the Northeast.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our work as we are and has the skills and attitude to be successful. This position will be based in New York and will involve coordination with other ICF teams supporting the portfolio of programs in this region, as well as with other ICF team members in Fairfax, VA; New England; Washington, DC; Columbia, MD; as well as teams based throughout the US, to serve our many clients. Up to 10% of travel may be required.
- Managing the marketing of residential energy efficiency and distributed energy resources programs for utilities and energy clients located in New York and the Northeast region.
- Working directly with clients and supervising the ICF team to develop and implement marketing and communications to educate customers and trade allies about energy efficiency and distributed energy resources and drive participation in related programs.
- Working with ICF Data Analytics and IT integration teams to develop, measure, report on, and sustain strategically targeted marketing campaigns.
- Working directly with the ICF Creative Services team to fulfill the development of on- and offline-marketing materials including websites, direct mailers, brochures, testimonials, technical fact sheets, applications forms, email and direct mail campaigns, newsletters, advertising, etc.
- Managing review and approval processes for marketing deliverables, including working across the internal and external stakeholders to gain consensus.
- Developing and managing project budgets, including revenue forecasts.
- Tracking and preparing monthly marketing reports against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Developing and executing business growth strategies, including expanding work within existing accounts, marketing to new accounts, and responding to RFPs.
- Overseeing marketing support staff at the Associate level and below, including helping team members manage competing priorities and deadlines, and ensuring quality work.
- Providing media relations support, including writing press releases, working with client and media contacts, building local media relationships, and monitoring/flagging important news and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications, public relations or related communications field; masters preferred.
- Eight years of working experience in marketing, public relations, communications, social marketing, demand/lead generation, or related field.
- Five years’ experience working in a marketing, advertising, public relations agency or consulting environment.
- Work experience in the Energy Efficiency Industry a plus.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong command of budget management and ability to stretch a limited marketing budget for maximum effectiveness.
- Positive, creative, and solutions-oriented thinker.
- Detail-oriented with ability to managing competing projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently, seek help as needed, and contribute to team and company culture.
- Working command of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.) and experience with collaboration and business intelligence tools (i.e., Basecamp, Trello, Tableau).
- Preferred Skills/Experience
- Interest in and commitment to energy efficiency, distributed energy resources, and an understanding of how energy savings works for utilities, and the role of marketing and communications in driving customer awareness of and participation in utility program and pilot offerings.
- Experience should include creating and implementing marketing communications plans, with the ability to manage and execute public relations, collateral development, advertising, digital marketing, direct response marketing, and social media campaigns, as well experience with customer segmentation and targeting strategies.
- Experience working with providers of energy services for residential markets, such as energy efficiency, demand response, distributed energy resources, or customer engagement technologies
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Wall Street, NY (NY17)