Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Account Executive
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Account Executive with a specialty in Public Relations in our Minneapolis office.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will:
- Run the day-to-day operations of assigned accounts including executing projects and events with strong attention to detail and deliverables and effectively manage timelines associated with those projects from concept to completion
- Demonstrate strong client communications including developing and participating in presentations, annual plans and recommendations
- Set and execute media and influencer relations strategies including contributing to brainstorms, developing media materials, and being accountable for results
- Show tenacious problem-solving skills and a curiosity for what’s possible from a creative and media relations standpoint always thinking of new ways to breakthrough while meeting client’s marketing challenges
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and evaluate news and pop culture trends that impact our clients’ business
- Develop project scopes and have a clear understanding of the budgeting and billing process of the agency as well as an aptitude for sound budget management
- Demonstrate accurate, thorough and timely reporting in the form of meeting recaps and status reports
- Participate in new business pursuits and presentations
- Execute media relations and influencer programs to meet client expectations and have an understanding of measurement approaches
- Research and develop competitive audits and analyses
- Build strong relationships with both client and internal teams
- Be a cultural contributor
- Adapt to ever-changing workload priorities and events
- Champion great work and ideas that will deliver results
As a Senior Account Executive, you will have:
- A bachelor degree, preferably in journalism, public relations or communications
- 4+ years of experience or relevant work experience at a PR Agency, communications/marketing team or working as a journalist at a media entity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership instincts and the ability to identify and elevate great work from junior team members
- Conflict management skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team and collaborate regularly with team members at all levels
- Ability to oversee and manage third-party partners, from talent to event vendors
- Ability to travel as required
Job Location(s): Minneapolis
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)