Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Forensic Analyst
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Senior Forensic Analyst to support a DoD client in its efforts to monitor and analyze cyberspace threats and coordinate cyberspace orders among missions. In this role you will conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
- Construct and exploit open source and classified threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs)
- Create and add custom signatures, to mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise using the latest threat information obtained from multiple sources
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations within the intelligence community regarding possible security incidents
- Develop scripts and software using languages such as Python, Perl, and C++ to aid in their forensics analysis
- Perform post-mortem analysis of the magnetic media, optical media, and volatile data (memory images) collected from compromised systems
- Perform cyber incident forensic analysis to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identify the specific vulnerability exploited and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
- Perform digital media forensics analysis to include static and dynamic binary analysis, file signature analysis, file system analysis, timeline analysis, hash analysis, etc.
- Create indicators of compromise to facilitate detection and prevention of similar attacks
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- Active DOD Clearance
- Ability to work independently while possessing the necessary technical qualities to communicate technical concepts effectively to technical and non-technical customers and teammates
- Security+ CE
- Ability to work in team setting, as well as independently
- Self-starter: identify issues and create action plan for resolution
- Excellent communication skills
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)