Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Business Analyst - Data Science
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Health, Sciences & Human Services Division
The Health, Sciences & Human Services Division of ICF provides a broad range of services related to Biomedical Informatics support for the Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the DC–metro area. We are currently seeking an experienced, versatile Senior Business Analyst with knowledge and experience in Data Science to support a client project. The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for identifying, analyzing and implementing strategic and process improvement initiatives. This is a highly visible and dynamic position within the project and requires an individual with strong communication skills and can think strategically and execute tactically. This role requires delivery experience in process improvement, data collection and analysis, and high-level understanding of translating data into insights and concrete actions to enable better operational results.
This position requires being onsite daily at our client location in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Contributes to the realization of client’s vision and strategies by identifying improvement opportunities. Builds a strong pipeline of value improvement projects to achieve strategic and operational goals.
- Elicits and identifies improvement areas which can significantly impact efficiency, quality, and regulatory compliance from key stakeholders by conducting interviews, brainstorming sessions, statistical analysis, data modeling, or determining needs based on experience.
- Performs detailed analysis of workflows and processes to identify and quantify improvement opportunities, as well as researches and identifies key performance metrics, benchmarks, and best practices.
- Conducts feasibility studies to determine applicability of improvement ideas to strategic goals.
- Prioritizes improvement initiatives and provides recommendations to enhance processes and operational functions, including key performance indicators, critical success factors, and performance measures.
- Devises work plans, implements, and monitors improvement initiatives in collaboration with the client and other stakeholders to ensure all enhancement activities are measurable, sustainable, and achieve operational impact.
- Builds relationships and serves as a great advocate and trusted advisor to the client. Communicates regularly with clients about project and improvement initiative progress.
- Develops system lifecycle documentation, including business requirements and test scripts and performs user acceptance testing and documentation.
- BS/BA Degree in related field and/or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in applicable field is preferred.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience in process/operational improvement and data analytics in federal government contract environment
- Advanced technical competency in business process mapping and modeling, as well as process improvement methodologies and tools
- Ability to collect, interpret, evaluate, synthesize, and present large amounts of data to develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and/or other process improvement tools.
- Business Analysis, Agile, CMMI, Lean Six Sigma, or similar training, experience, or certification is preferred.
- Work experience in the physical or life sciences, information or data science, pharmaceutical or health IT fields is preferred.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international standards for health information management and exchange is preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL, statistical analysis tools (e.g., R, SAS), and a general purpose programming language (e.g., Perl, Python, Java) is preferred.
- Possess positive attitudes and behaviors and contribute to a constructive team culture.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and experience in client management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)