Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Field Services Technician, Energy Efficiency- Atlanta, GA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Field Services Technician, Energy Efficiency
To support our growth, we seek a Field Services Technician to work in our Energy Efficiency division. In this role you will provide technical expertise to our program implementation team and program contractors who serve all regions of the utility service territory.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Keep and maintain detailed records and provide accurate information for program reports
- Interacting with business owners, representatives, customers, contractors and other key stakeholders
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of program documents and coordinating regular reviews and updates with various internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting in preparation of internal and client presentations and reports
- Liaising with contractors, trade allies client, customers, subcontractors and customer service representatives, as applicable
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Coordinate with or follow up on program quality control activities such as inspections and customer surveys as appropriate
- Working with program team to resolve program and application flaws with external stakeholders
- Provide field quality assurance/quality control inspections and verifications of energy efficiency program work statewide
- Travel to project sites will be required
- Travel to retail locations will be required
- Provide office QA/QC of field collected data submitted by program contractors and trade allies as well as applications submitted by participants
- Provide mentoring for program contractors/trade allies
- Serve as technical support for program contractors/trade allies
- Reporting on quality assurance findings to program manager to identify action items and corrective actions required
- Other duties as required to support our work nationally and provide direct support to leadership as needed
- Excellent time management, analytical, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The applicant must be collaborative in nature.
- Familiarity with construction means and methods related to at least 2 years field experience including an in depth understanding of home performance and home performance improvements.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- A bachelor’s or technical degree.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- BPI Building Analyst Certification along with a minimum of 2 years field experience performing home assessments or related work.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with the 2012 IECC with local Amendments.
- DET Verifier is a plus.
- LEED GA or AP is a plus.
- A degree in mechanical engineering, building construction, HVAC or related field is a plus.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
Atlanta, GA (GA15)