Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Energy Market Consultant- Renewable -Technical Advisory
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Job DescriptionICF is seeking a motivated Senior Solar Engineer with six to ten years of professional work experience (in addition to educational and internship experience) in the US Solar industry. The position will be based in our office in New Delhi, India and interface with our Technical Advisory team that operates out of Colorado, United States. The Senior Solar Engineer will function as a project manager along with supporting our work in the field of Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory with a focus in all scale of solar and other renewable generation. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s private sector, Technical Advisory business segment by helping to continue to expand our established US based team to our office in New Delhi.
The selected candidate will lead and support solar project reviews by leading a team of engineers and scientists in the review of project design, technology assessment, technical aspects of major project contracts, development of resource assessments and development of energy production estimates. Such reviews will be performed for residential, commercial and utility-scale photovoltaic systems. The selected candidate will lead and perform technical analysis of pro forma models and financial models in support of the due diligence of solar and other renewable projects. The Senior Solar Engineering will also be expected to participate heavily in the development of ICF’s Technical Advisory group in New Delhi, India.
- People and project management
- Solar resource and generation analysis for solar facilities located in the US and abroad.
- Review of electrical design drawings.
- Technical analysis of Pro Forma models including financial and processing models.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the execution of assignments (report writing, data and industry research, analysis, modelling, etc.).
- Preparation and/or review of reports used for project financing purposes.
- Review, analyze and report on PV solar equipment specifications
- Conduct resource and performance? modeling for PV solar projects of all scales.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable discipline.
- Strong understanding of solar resource modeling, including a knowledge of commercially and publically available satellite and terrestrial data sources
- Knowledge of solar resource and performance design tools such as PVsyst/PVWatts or other resource related software tools. Candidates must understand modeling inputs as well as underlying physical principles and the associated uncertainties.
- Experience within the renewable energy sector specifically related to PV solar technology. Knowledge of solar resource and performance design tools such as PVsyst/PVWatts or other resource related software tools.
- Six or more years of experience in solar energy engineering (in addition to educational and internship experience).
- Project management.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable discipline.
- Eight or more years of experience in solar energy engineering.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing independent engineering analysis and review of greenfield and operational generation facilities in support of project finance.
- Proficiency in high-level programming languages (i.e. Microsoft VBA, Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Experience with solar resource and performance design tools specifically including PVsyst.
- Experience in proposal writing with an emphasis on business development.
- Experience in writing industry based technical papers (e.g. white papers).
- Experience with people management and team development.
- Project management and people management.
- Leadership, team development and mentorship.
- Business development and marketing.
- Possess advanced MS Office Excel and experience with other MS Office Suite applications.
- Detailed solar electrical design, including substation design.
- A desire to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Exceptional data management and research skills.
- Strong written, oral communication (English) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task under established deadlines
New Delhi, India (II77)