Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Program Operations Director
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF's Disaster Management Division seeks a Program Management Leader who will play a key leadership role in growing and managing its Disaster Recovery practice. The person selected for this role will develop and lead large-scale Disaster Recovery programs in areas affected by Natural Disasters. The successful candidate will be charged with the flawless execution of programs, anticipating and meeting client’s needs and strategically positioning the Company’s resources and expertise to grow the business. The ideal candidate will be a proven Disaster Recovery/CDBG or related leader with a track record of superior execution and growth and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize disaster grant resource allocation, build strong solutions impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. You will work with other members of the Disaster Recovery leadership team and partner closely with company experts in its Community Development and Resiliency lines of business. ICF's agile Disaster Recovery engine is powered by an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services and brings the strength of past performance and a hands-on integrated multidisciplinary approach. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a difference.
• Provide overall leadership to large, complex teams implementing major state and community-level post-disaster recovery efforts, including administering federal financial assistance such as Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds.
• Ensure that the services provided by the project team address state/community level recovery goals, the team’s assigned responsibilities, and support strong coordination with the appropriate public agencies and other entities supporting recovery efforts.
• Serve as the direct interface with state/local client agency, including high-level elected and appointed officials, as well as senior program staff.
• Supervise a dynamic staff of direct reports, creating opportunities for growth.
• Oversee a team of technical experts on Disaster Recovery programs who will inform state and local recovery planning and program implementation.
• Manage multiple sub-contractors simultaneously.
• Ensure the delivery of timely, effective and high-quality results to support the disaster recovery effort.
• Leverage pre-existing business relationships to create new opportunities and attract new clients.
• Ensure provision of high-quality service to all clients, taking action as necessary to maintain the firm’s high reputation for superior client services.
• Collaborate with other business units when necessary to garner the appropriate resources to deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Manage and track complex project plans/controls, budgets, schedule maintenance, teams and other resources, including risk-mitigation strategies.
• Support client agency leaders and senior program staff in briefing, reporting, and coordinating activities with federal agencies supporting disaster recovery efforts.
• Serve as the key project interface with ICF leadership, delivering updates on milestones/challenges, and using data driven reporting and analysis to inform decisions.
• Ensure that all laws, rules, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements are met.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, multi-million-dollar disaster recovery projects at the executive level with at least 10+ years in a similar Project Management role.
• Demonstrated knowledge of key federal disaster recovery funding regulatory requirements and process for demonstrating compliance with these requirements (e.g., CDBG-DR funds and FEMA Public and Individual Assistance).
• Professional reputation for consistent excellence in delivering upon client commitments, ensuring effective program and project quality review processes, and driving a customer satisfaction culture.
• Experience with state and local governments, and the types of initiatives necessary to help them rebuild their economy and culture following significant disruptions, such as natural disasters.
• Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.
• Must be a leader who is committed to results and strategically oriented to ensure profitable growth of the business.
• Ability to formulate strategies to create new, creative approaches and profitable solutions.
• Demonstrated success in service execution, client relationships, and profitability.
• Proven track record of leading a team and accomplishing successful business results.
• Recognized as an industry leader with a strong client focus and an extensive network within the Disaster Recovery sector.
• Ability to deploy in the United States, including Puerto Rico, for long-term assignments and with flexibility to travel.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics.
• Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software).
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)