Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Title: Senior Finance Manager
ICF seeks a Senior Finance Manager for a business portfolio with over $200M of annual revenues from a diverse set of clients including Commercial and International. Individual will be responsible for all aspects of the Division’s financial planning and analysis, project forecasting, financial reporting, operational controls, and compliance. This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
Key Responsibilities include: Business Performance, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Finance Management
- Lead and manage the division’s financial strategy, financial planning and forecasting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Prepare, analyze, and publish monthly financial forecasts with analysis that will be used by the Division EVP, as well as Finance and Group Management. The forecast will be conveyed during monthly executive financial briefings, and it will include variance analysis as well as risk/opportunity assessments.
- Review division level financial statements, monthly results, forecasts, and budgets to assess financial condition of the division in an effort to drive improved profitability and business performance.
- Serve as primary contact for divisional leadership on project and divisional finance related issues.
- Interact with Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, and Project Managers to solve divisional financial issues.
- Provide divisional business development metrics by tracking bookings, contract backlog and pipeline volume and health.
- Provide financial review and strategic guidance in major bid and proposal efforts.
- Review project revenue and work closely with project finance controllers and the project managers to ensure monthly close is accurate and timely.
- Partner and coordinate with the Corporate Accounting & Compliance teams to ensure the division has sound internal controls, risk management, and compliance procedures that are aligned with corporate policies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate business systems, policies, and programs.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 5 years in related/similar roles; plus, 10+ overall years of experience in financial leadership
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
Other preferred skills/experience:
- MBA and/or CMA
- Experience with Costpoint
- Experience with a forecasting tool such as Hyperion or TM1
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards.
- Applies critical thinking to gathering and analyzing information from a variety of sources, developing and testing solutions to complex problems, and formulating strategic and tactical plans.
- Makes sound decisions based on organization’s priorities and the costs and benefits of various alternative solutions.
- Makes clear and convincing presentations by organizing ideas for logical presentation and acceptance.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)