Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Linux Subject Matter Expert (SME III)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Candidatewill administer physical and virtual Linux servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES). Administer server-based systems, security devices, distributed applications, network storage, and performs systems monitoring. Consults on network, application, and customer service issues to support computer systems’ security and availability.
- Active security clearance required.
- Experience with and ability to configure and deploy Linux based complex solutions
- 10 - 15 years of experience as Linux System Administrator on systems running RHEL and SLES in an enterprise level environment.
- Proficient in shell scripting and able to troubleshoot scripts in various shells.
- Expert in the application of Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) on Linux-based systems.
- Experience administering Storage Area Networks/Network Attached Storage (SAN/NAS) with NetApp products.
- Enterprise LDAP directory server installation, configuration, and administration.
- Subject matter expertise in the deployment and implementation of operating systems and application software.
- Track and resolve all trouble tickets. Interact with users to identify and resolve user requirements.
- Application support for various systems tools and utilities.
- Provide hardware support for platforms including Oracle/Dell/NetApp/Brocade
- Configuration support, maintenance and operation of data backups using products such as Veritas Netbackup.
- Provide hardware configuration and maintenance support of tape backup systems.
- Provide and maintain offsite storage of tape backups.
Professional Certifications Required:
- DoD Approved Baseline certification
- Provide subject matter expertise in the deployment and implementation of Red Hat/Suse server operating systems and application software.
- Maintain systems patches.
- Maintain systems security posture.
- Implement STIGs.
- Review ACAS/Tenable security scans and remediate vulnerabilities as required.
- Improve system administration productivity by authoring/updating relevant shell scripts.
- Provide timely reports on projects status and other systems administration work, as required.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)