Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Survey Manager - Rockville, MD
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Survey Manager
ICF's Social, Environment, Energy, and Development Solutions (SEEDS) Division seeks a Survey Manager with international experience to work in our Rockville, Maryland office. Our division supports International Health and Development (IHD) projects, including the population-based surveys, and monitoring and evaluation. The data is used by all internationally focused national government donor agencies and USAID. You will work on a variety of projects, including food security, nutrition, resilience, and HIV, and have an excellent opportunity for growth alongside recognized experts in the field. This is a full-time position, and 25-30% international travel is expected (International trips are typically 2-4 weeks at a time)
Responsibilities of the Survey Manager include:
- Monitoring of data collection and data quality, and working with implementing agency to ensure proper fieldwork procedures are followed
- Designing and adapting questionnaires, drafting survey protocols, and obtaining IRB-approval
- Writing survey reports, including descriptions of survey activities and interpretation of survey results
- Preparing or adapting training materials and working with implementing agencies to train local field staff in questionnaire content and interviewing techniques
- Communicating throughout all stages of the survey process with other staff, implementing agencies, USAID Missions, and other key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Reviewing computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) data entry systems
- Developing, negotiating and/or managing survey budgets with host country implementing organizations
- Manage survey teams that include staff members and local data collection firms to ensure the highest quality of work.
- Developing and implementing work plans, agreements, and subcontracts
- Master’s degree or PhD in demography, public health, survey methods, nutrition, epidemiology, or other relevant field of study
- 3+ years of experience in survey design, managing, leading and coordinating population-based household surveys in developing countries
- Strong organizational and program management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with applied statistical packages, preferably STATA, SPSS and/or SAS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate survey budgets and content with technical and non-technical stakeholders is essential
- A demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality presentations and written reports
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25-30% of time
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, Portuguese, or Spanish
- Knowledge of and experience in survey design for complex surveys and complex survey data analysis;
- Project management experience on international programs
- Experience working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience training in anthropometry measurements and using computer assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) preferred.
- Relevant experience and a broad familiarity with subject matter related to food security, gender, poverty reduction, nutrition, agriculture development, natural resources management, resilience, HIV, and vulnerable populations
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)