Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Modeling & Simulation Researcher
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF won a new research and development task order supporting a world class research laboratory in Maryland. ICF will help the Army develop new artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to solve current and future problems facing the DoD. About our work: From building the system that served as the model for network defense services within the U.S. Department of Defense to improving machine-to-machine learning for better cyber defense to patenting a new way to visualize cyber threats using virtual reality technology, we innovate to stay one step ahead.
We are excited to hire a DOD cleared Modeling & Simulation Researcher for Aberdeen, MD. (Not located in MD? Don't worry, relocation assistance available!)
In this role you will:
- Be part of a dynamic team to provide support for the research, development, and technology services necessary to support scientific and technological innovation in a variety of technical disciplines encompassed within Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR)
- R & D and proof-of-concept efforts in modeling and simulation of tactical networks and evaluate the computational efficiency of various computing platforms under constrained and contested environments.
- Develop new algorithms and extend existing algorithms for application to Army-specific data.
- Candidate must be able to obtain, and maintain, the proper clearance required for this position
- Experience in network simulations and computing architectures
- Working knowledge of ns-3 simulation, data visualization, AI & ML frameworks, asterisk and NASA Worldwind desired
- Exposure and familiarity with large scale network simulation on HPC
- Expertise in, in programming languages like C++, Java and Python in Linux
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)