Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Quality Control Inspector- Electric Utility Restoration/Emergency Response
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
For over two decades, DMS has been assisting public sector clients to effectively plan for and manage the complex process of disaster recovery from federally declared disasters, while maximizing funding opportunities from FEMA, insurance and other grant resources. DMS has now joined ICF and together we’re making BIG things possible!
Our highly skilled experts protect lives, communities and businesses in both the private and public sectors. We do that with innovative services that combine decades of front-line disaster experience with out-of-the-box thinking, to generate the best outcome for our clients. As the threat of disruption from both man-made and natural disasters increases, our solutions have never been in greater demand. We’re excited to hire a Quality Control Inspector to support a new electric utility restoration/emergency response project in the Long Island, NY area:
• Provide technical support to operating and engineering personnel by reviewing, inspecting, and conducting nondestructive testing activities to assure that structures, systems, equipment, components and/or activities meet specifications, codes, management expectations, and/or regulatory requirements.
• Primary duties include performing and/or coordinating nondestructive testing; inspecting components, procedures, and documentation; identifying quality problems and recommending solutions.
• Additional duties include gathering data on equipment/system conditions, maintaining records, writing reports, and conducting analyses of quality data.
• Will travel to facilities as needed and perform quality control inspections at a generating facility in accordance with recognized industry standards.• Will develop and nurtures relationships with key technical counterparts, trade allies and customers.
• High school diploma and related work experience in the power industry is required. • Required to have quality control inspection/nondestructive testing job related work experience/training.
Experience level Required:• Must have approximately 4 years of intermediate experience performing this specific job function which requires some managerial oversight/direction.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York Client Office (NY88)