Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are seeking a trained psychologist at the Doctorate level with a clinical, counseling, or community psychology background for a full-time role. This position supports ICF’s work for a Government Agency in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We seek a strong scientist with a research and/or policy background for this position. The individual will be part of a team working to identify suicide interventions and address barriers to mental health care for those in the military community, which includes a strong focus on stigma reduction.
- Collaborate across a broad portfolio of suicide intervention policy research projects in an effort to generate broadly applicable policies and procedures related to clinical suicide intervention.
- Engage with complex subject areas such as mental health, deployment, co-morbid conditions requiring guidance on the delivery of psychological services in medical and non-medical settings, and provide solutions that work in multi-stakeholder scenarios.
- Act as the strategic advisor to the client on suicide intervention.
- Leverage internal and external relationships with the Services to maximize the client’s impact within suicide intervention, and strategically move policy efforts forward.
- Perform a wide range of activities relating to suicide intervention including:
- Preparing high-quality briefing documents, policy and procedural instructions, reports, issue papers, correspondence, bill analyses, and memorandum for the clients to review and decision-making.
- Assembling, interpreting, and analyzing information
- Briefing clients and other external stakeholders
- Conducting literature reviews
- Work with team to identify and develop key policy areas
- Set up and organize work groups, and work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on key policy issues.
- Assist with or respond to high-level time-sensitive requests and assignments from the clients or legislative inquires.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychology or a Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical, Counseling, or Community Psychology.
- 5 years of experience in the implementation of clinical psychology interventions focused on an area of psychological health affecting the military community (e.g., suicide intervention, PTSD, or TBI).
- In-depth knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills to create and organize work groups, coordinate across stakeholders, build relationships, work with team members to gain consensus, manage multiple timelines, and complete tasks within the constraints of established timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as evidenced in the writing of policies or procedural instructions for the DoD or other Federal agencies.
- Experience in reviewing, drafting, or negotiating suicide intervention policies. Knowledge of how existing policies and changes in policies might impact treatment providers and the delivery of psychological services within military medical treatment settings.
- Experience working in, or with, Department of Defense (DoD), Veterans Affairs (VA) or other federal agencies is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Expertise in providing psychological intervention services in a DoD treatment setting with individuals who have made suicide attempts.
- Working knowledge of cultures, people, and communication styles across the range of services in the Department of Defense.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Rockville, MD (MD18)