Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Section 3 Coordinator - Disaster Recovery Implementation
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Working at ICF
Section 3 Coordinator - Puerto Rico
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience.
ICF’s Disaster Management Division is growing and currently seeking an experienced HUD Section 3 Coordinator for Disaster Recovery. Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 requires that recipients of federal grants ensure that low-income persons and businesses that hire low-income persons participate in economic opportunities associated with the grant. In this role, you will develop and implement plans to meet contractual obligations to comply with Section 3 and to promote participation of Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises in recovery programs we manage. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to interface with senior and elected officials, and able to quickly adapt to meet ambitious timelines and changing requirements. Bilingual in English and Spanish required. Puerto Rico resident preferred.
· Work as part of a team with outreach, intake, eligibility, case management, and construction specialists to develop and implement a plan to achieve Section 3/MWBE goals for the project.
· Develop and implement certification procedures to facilitate Section 3 hiring.
· Manage implementation of M/WBE and Section 3 preferences in hiring and contracting.
· Perform periodic reviews of construction contractor files to ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory compliance of Section 3.
· Network with the employment and training community, local business concerns, and public agencies to promote M/WBE and Section 3 activities and broker relationships between employers and hiring channels and identify potential hires.
· Facilitate workshops, trainings and meetings to educate contractors, subcontractors, and the public on responsibilities and opportunities under M/WBE and Section 3.
· Track, monitor, and report on M/WBE and Section 3 activities including outreach, hiring, contracting, and technical assistance and training.
· Assist with overseeing continuous process improvement for the program.
· Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
· 3+ years of experience in M/WBE and Section 3 compliance, minority hiring initiatives, employment and training or a related field
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Experience working with programs funded with HUD’s Community Development Block Grant program, other HUD programs subject to Section 3, or other public programs with hiring preferences
· Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work overtime as necessary
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Self-starter and able to work independently
· Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
· Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
Puerto Rico Remote Office (PR99)