Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Watch Officer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The Cyber Watch Officer is the operations floor supervisor and primary point of contact for the Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP).
- Monitor the daily operations of the CSSP teams and activities
- Notify managers and appropriate parties of critical incidents articulating the event’s history, status, and potential impact
- Ensure continuity and assist in tracking operational issues, as well as DoD and Service Cyber Component mandated tasks
- Facilitate and support communication between the CSSP teams, external organizations, and CSSP leadership
- As the operational arm of the CSSP Manager, complete and/or delegate tasking as required
- Communicate issues to leadership and deliver status updates, both as directed, and on regular, daily, and weekly reporting cycles
- Lead coordination of short-term projects and collaborations, both between internal teams and between the CSSP and other organizations
- Integrate and interface CSSP activities with 24 AF // AFCYBER operations and planning efforts
- Report, coordinate, and collaborate on CSSP activities with 624 OC personnel
- Interact with organizations related to the CSSP such as ARCYBER, JFHQ-DODIN, USCYBERCOM, HPC/DREN NetOps, DCIS, and various sub-organizations including Cyber Protection Teams (CPTs), other CSSPs, representatives of LE/CI, and network operations centers (NOCs)
- Provide excellent customer service to CSSP subscribers and an ability to solve problems
- Draft, update, and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Watch Officers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience plus at least twelve years relevant work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in a DoD IT role
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- 8570 compliant certifications or the ability to obtain prior to start: CEH, DFR, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, or SCYBER) and IAT II (CCNA, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+, or SSCP
- Ability for shift work 24x7x365
- Experience on a Network operations floor
- Experience with DoD Cyber Security and DCO operations
- DoD multi-agency collaborative experience
- Basic familiarity with DoD cyber tools, directives, and configurations
Professional Skills/Required Skills:
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable, and effective team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email
email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Client Office (TX88)