Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
UX/ Information Architect (Part-time)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Are you motivated to design excellent user experiences? Are you people-centered, with a keen curiosity about technologies and approaches? Are you audacious in the face of big problems that need effective solutions?ICF is looking for a part time on-call user experience professional at the junior to mid level to join our fast-growing team. This is a telecommute position working with our team based in Fairfax, VA and Rockville, MD.
We push the digital world forward, using technology to achieve life’s most important mission—connecting people. Are you ready for what’s next? Free shuttle access from the metro, onsite happy hours and constant learning opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF. See what we’ve been up to! ICFhumblebrag.com. This is position is based in our Fairfax, VA headquarters.
What you will be doing
- Work collaboratively with team and stakeholders to understand user experience goals and gaps
- Identify target audiences; create personas
- Conduct heuristic reviews and competitive analyses
- Plan and conduct user research, analyze research results and develop recommendations
- Build sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and other blueprints
- Conduct content audits, develop content maps
- Write and deliver persuasive reports and presentations to team members and clients
- Participate in collaborative and innovative user-centered design initiatives
What you will need
- Bachelors degree in information architecture, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or related field
- 6+ years experience applying user-centered design concepts in web and software development, social media, or other digital environment
- Ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Proficiency with UX, development, and collaboration tools such as Axure, Sketch, Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Agile development experience and proficiency with Lean UX concepts a plus
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)