Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated Business Analysts to join ICF in support of a large, business analysis and management support services contract within a CIO organization. This position will be located in Arlington, VA.
You will work with a team of technical architects, infrastructure analysts, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to determine needs, gather requirements, develop mission metrics, assess solution readiness, perform research and analysis, and provide program support. Specific areas of focus include but are not limited to: portfolio management, predictive metrics reporting, audit and internal controls, sourcing and acquisitions support, financial management, and training. The candidate will demonstrate excellent client engagement skills with the ability to quickly develop relationships at all levels of the organization.
What you will be doing:
- Assess and maintain an enterprise view of the business, ensuring traceability from organizational strategy to enterprise solutions
- Identify functional issues, interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies within the organization
- Provide project updates and technical documentation (i.e. business needs statements, technical specifications, etc.) to clients and stakeholders
- Create and maintain various process and architecture diagrams
- Capture metrics that support the organizations IT governance processes
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and capture the relationships among roles, capabilities, and business units
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment
- Demonstrated experience with gathering requirements, compiling metrics, assessing solution readiness, performing research and analysis, and providing program support
U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes (i.e., Agile methodologies), and operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting.
- Professional Skills/Experience:
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support
- Solid oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations
- Problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing, or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio) and project management software (e.g., Primavera, or similar)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)