Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Reporting to the Director, Wireless Services the candidate will be responsible for ongoing maintenance of ICF Olson’s messaging products. The ideal candidate will contribute to the overall ICF Olson vision of being a scalable and reliable technology service provider that excels at operationalizing
emerging marketing platforms.
The Mobile Messaging Product Specialist’s role within ICF Olson’s ecosystem requires high degree of technical dexterity as well as a level of business intelligence and logical troubleshooting. Apart from day to day management of products, the Product Specialist will play a key role in their evolution.
- A People person, you connect with people instantly! You are able to effectively communicate your approach/vision to all stakeholders.
- Client focused, know your client inside and out. You form everlasting bonds by being genuine and showing passion.
- A Natural Leader, you keep everyone excited about the possibilities and challenge others to push their boundaries.
- A Creative Problem Solver, you can take a step back and think of the bigger picture when solving a problem and ask the right questions when troubleshooting a technical issue.
- A Multitasker, you have perfected the art of speaking on the phone, writing an email and eating at the same time. Time is of the essence.
- Well Organized, you know where everything is at all times, things happen fast and you are always prepared.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Collaborate: Onboarding new clients and work closely with the team to set up product and configuration in the system to ensure timely launch. Assist with implementation of standards around data management, compliance and security.
- Troubleshoot: Responsible for consistent delivery of product services on a 24*7*365 basis, incident management and triaging within well-defined quality metrics including 99.99% uptime. Assist in dealing with customer issues from inception to resolution including after hours or on call work as necessary.
- Product Management and Business Analysis: Fluent understanding of product features and pricing model and ability to advise internal and external clients on it. Participate during sales cycles to facilitate discovery sessions.
- Data Management and Research: Report on product performance and roadmap to higher management. Manage multiple cases involving a variety of technologies, protocols and equipment.
- Lead: Plan and lead production evolution, including upgrades and feature enhancements by working in collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendors. Lead investigation and resolution of all internal and external client, product and network issues in a multi-vendor environment.
- Business Development: Optimizing product performance and in turn maximizing business value of the product
Your Experience & Intangible Traits:
The ideal candidate for a Mobile Messaging Product Specialist position will possess the following competencies:
- BEng/BSc minimum
- General tech-savvy
- 2-5 years’ experience in customer service related to software product management and product marketing
- Experience with telecommunications and network products
- Deep understanding of wireless and mobile network infrastructure
- Data manipulation, MySql and MS Excel
- Think one step ahead to proactively anticipate and prepare for problems and challenges
- Comfortable working in a Linux Environment, ability to troubleshoot, debug and trace errors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills such as task management and decision making
- Experience working with Carrier Networks a major plus
- Experience with CASL Compliance is a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental, short term and long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, peer-taught lunch and learns and outside workshops like Ladies Learning Code
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Office-ping pong and foosball tables, plus the latest and greatest video games
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Olson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Olson is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)